Sunday, April 16, 2006

"The Matador" - go see this movie

Pierce Brosnan is a sexually active/ambigous hit man who meets regular guy businessman Greg Kinnear in a bar in Mexico City. Then things get weird.

A wicked funny comedy.

Some of the good lines:

"I'm as serious as an erection problem."

Julian Noble: An assasin without confidence is a horrible thing to behold. It's like a relief pitcher who fumbles the ball.
Danny Wright: Please tell me you know you mixed two sports in a metaphor.

Julian Noble: Tell me something, Gretchen. Where do they store the pretzels?
Australian Bar Waitress: Umm, in the back behind the kitchen.
Julian Noble: Is it private?
Australian Bar Waitress: Yeah.
Julian Noble: Can I come with you? This should cover it, right?
Australian Bar Waitress: What?
Julian Noble: That's five hundred dollars.
Australian Bar Waitress: You think I'm a whore? I mean, you think I'm a fucking whore?
Julian Noble: I think you work at a depressing airport bar for minimum wage and bullshit tips. And from the looks of your cheap haircut and puffy double-shift eyes, I thought you could use five hundred dollars and a good fuck. I guess I was wrong, huh? About the money that is... I apologize.
Australian Bar Waitress: [pausing, stunned by what she has just heard, before giving Julian the finger] Have a nice trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment