Sunday, January 04, 2009

My dog has cabin fever

8:20 Out back door
8:29 In back door
8:55 Out back door
8:56 In back door
9:02 Fridge opens, comes to kitchen, given treat, leaves
9:24 Enter kitchen, stands behind me, stares
9:25 Refuse bisquit, offer to go outside and chew bone. Leave kitchen
9:29 Return to kitchen, stand by me and stare at me as I type
9:30 Leave kitchen
9:31 Return to kitchen, stare at me. Refuse offer of walk, going out back door or going out front door.
9:32-9-39 Keep staring, following me around kitchen
9:40 Go out back door
9:40:30 Come in back door, go lay down
10:00 Jump on couch, demand scratching

Suzanne and I discussed tonight setting up a dog trade schedule between the her old mellow dog, Nica the Annoyer and Ozzie, the two-year old with too damn much energy. Trades will be based on which dog needs to be punished by being put with Ozzie and WHICH DOG IS SERIOUSLY BEING THE MOST ANNOYING RIGHT NOW!

I feel like Paul during last year's cabin fever season, "The kids are looking at me like I'm the weak kid in Lord of the Flies."