Thursday, January 18, 2007

Sherman, set the Wayback Machine for the Venture Motor Inn

They're Norwegian or German or something. You can get polska keilbasa as your breakfast meat.
This picture really doesn't reproduce the lovely red color of the bathroom counter. I want a bathroom at home that has the Kleenex holder built into the counter top.

A great retro feature is the beer bottle opener mounted on the side of the bathroom countertop. Earning quadruple extra bonus points is that the maids position the waste basket so that all bottle tops fall directly into the waste basket. Now THAT'S service.

They have slowly started updating the room furniture. In the past it was all dark wood heavy furniture with 1970's lamps and bed covers (think of a Sears catalog in 1972). One time I put a beer bottle down on the table and I swear I felt my dead aunt grab the back of my neck and say, "Why are you putting a drink on the table without a napkin, Douglas!?"

Another retro feature? I have to charge my laptop in the bathroom because there are only two other outlets in the room and they're buried behind the bed and the dresser.

No comments:

Post a Comment